The story of the Bragadiru Palace architectural unit dates back in the early 1900s. The Palace building was then presented for the first time on the geographic plan drawn up by the Army Geography Institute between 1895-1899 and 1911.
The entire estate bears the name of its founder, Dumitru Marinescu Bragadiru. He began the construction of the “Colossus”, the name the building was known under in the beginning, around year 1905.
Designed as Palace of Culture, this building respects an old beer factories tradition, that is to have in its immediate proximity a recreation place for the people working in this industry.
The Bragadiru Palace was built following the plans drawn by the Austrian architect Anton Shuckerl in 1894. It is an impressive construction both in size, as well as in architecture and decorations with particular emphasis on details.
The summer garden and the terrace harmoniously complete this building with an eclectic architecture, with Normand style spiral stairways, stuccos, statues inserted in the facade, Venetian mirrors and Victorian style balconies.
The Bragadiru Palace remains one of the most imposing constructions of past Bucharest.