SoNoRo

ARCUB, Gabroveni Inn

84 - 90, Lipscani Street, Bucharest

  • Medium

The Gabroveni Inn was built between 1804 and 1818, between the Lipscani and Gabroveni streets of the Old Town.
The likely first owner of the inn was Tudor Hagi Tudorache, one of the most famous merchants in the first half of the 19th century. He owned several shopping areas in the Old Town, on the Lipscani street. The Inn was meant both for retail, and to provide accommodation. The Inn is now owned by the Bucharest City Hall. The existing building was consolidated and renovated, and a new wing was added.